The Ageless Wisdom
At this site, the Ageless Wisdom is defined as a formulation of east/west esoteric philosophy founded on certain basic premises. These premises are:
1. There exists in our manifested universe the expression of an Energy or Life which is the responsible cause of the diverse forms and the vast hierarchy of sentient beings who compose the sum total of all that is. One life pervades all forms and those forms are the expressions, in time and space, of the central universal energy.
2. The one Life, manifesting through matter, produces a third factor which is consciousness. This consciousness, which is the result of the union of the two poles of spirit and matter, is the soul of all things. The soul is the form-building principle, producing attraction and cohesion. The soul is an aspect or type of energy, distinguished from that of matter itself.
3. The object for which life takes form and the purpose of manifested being is the unfoldment of consciousness, or the revelation of the soul.
4. All lives manifest cyclically.
5. The atom has been recognized as an energy unit. It is energy which sweeps atoms into aggregates which we call organisms and forms. It is this energy that produces forms, shapes, species, kind, type and differentiations which mark and distinguish the myriad forms through which life itself manifests. It is the quality of the energy which produces the quality of forms. It is the light which causes the emergence into consciousness of the race of heterogeneous shapes which aggregates of atoms can assume.
6. The energy which produces the shapes and coherent organisms in all kingdoms of nature is not the life principle. The life principle will remain undiscovered and unrecognized until such time as the soul or qualifying principle, the builder of the forms is studied, recognized and in its turn investigated.
7. This is only possible as humanity steps forth into a fuller conscious possession of its divine heritage, and working as a soul and in control of its mechanism (physical, emotional and mental), can work consciously en rapport with the soul in all forms.
(Excerpted from A Treatise on White Magic, pp. 9-10 and 332-33.)
Permission to quote granted by Lucis Trust, 120 Wall Street, 24th Floor, New York, NY. These quotes and extracts may not be reprinted except by permission from the Lucis Trust which holds copyright.
For additional information, contact Lucis Trust at